Monday, July 30, 2007

... the way we used to be


Going down memory lane has always been enjoyable and meaningful to me. It gives some mixed emotions and realizations among other things even if some of those moments just repeatedly go over my head. Hell yeah, it's sort of a "cant-snap-out-of-it" nostalgia of roller coaster feelings. Sometimes I find myself going through some boxes of old pictures, or browsing my phone's picture gallery (and inbox, drafts, outbox mind you), or having a 'weird' grin when something or someone similar from the past in on the tube, or reading greeting cards, or cleaning and the attempt to dispose old junk, or simply having a solemn period alone... just moping.

I'm always fascinated whenever an image or a memory flashes through my head and suddenly, most often than not, you somehow get to that same old feeling that you had when that moment happened as if you are experiencing the whole thing over again -- except of course you're not. and yeah, I'm not talking about deja vu.

A thought just came to me... Can you really miss situations that are most likely going to happen again? People that you are already with or for sure spend some quality time with? But what moved me to write all these is what i think it is... I truly miss those situations that are most likely not going to happen again. I miss those people who i valueD so dearly yet have become too distant with. Too distant for me to think that I am never going to connect to them the way I used to. And I say these points as I make them more concrete.

  • I miss not going home after work right away because we'll have breakfast at LKG or go to the mall or just hang out somewhere.
  • I miss sleeping over with everyone there saying we're not staying up late because we all have to get up early... yet ending up staying late anyway because of endless chat or heart-to-heart sessions.
  • I miss hearing someone asking someone else buy some ice from the nearby store.
  • I miss eating pancit canton together in the green (and white) plastic plates we bought (not to mention we used to eat on the floor).
  • I miss not missing tv because the it was busted and we simply enjoyed the mp3's from the pc.
  • I miss the "kwek-kwek" and squid balls day every Saturday mornings.
  • I miss having at least one in the group drunk each time we go to Kroc.
  • I miss at least 15 people trying to get hold of 4 microphones just to sing.
  • I miss the 'press cons' and meetings that used to get everyone updated.
  • I miss burning our lungs out at Starbucks G4 after a good movie.
  • I miss complaining why all soaps in the bathroom are either colored orange or pink (i.e. those skin whitening or whatever bars!)
  • I miss going to work together.
  • I miss taking breaks and lunches together.
  • I miss everybody knowing every important thing someone has to share.
  • I miss going to Divisoria haggling for whatever items.
  • I miss the simple lives we used to live then.
  • I miss the the fact that some complications we had were not mostly because of our own tangled together.
  • I miss us.
  • I miss the way we used to be.

I really do...

I feel sorry to even think that these can never happen again... I guess I don't want to push my luck and take chances. So much has been said and done. I guess I'd keep everything in the treasure box.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooops naiiyak ako Jeffie! I miss those days, too :(

Anonymous said...

i miss those days, too :(