Saturday, December 29, 2007

My most wanted: STARBUCKS City Mugs (Part 2)

Los Angeles, California
A good friend of mine, Polee sent me this sms one time telling me that he has this surprise -- a Starbucks city mug! My pangungulit finally paid off. He was supposed to go to SanFo and meet up with AD who was on vacation so he could hand over his gift for me. Too bad, I think he got too busy that he was not able to see him. The other plan was just to send it to me via courier but I said it would just be too expensive. A friend from the office flew in to LA for a few days and I graciously asked the favor of getting the mug for me. Unfortunately, Polee was not able to meet her. Finally, his mom paid him a visit and voila, the mug was on its way to the Philippines!

San Francisco, California
Porky had a good laugh when he bought this mug for me. He said why don't I just buy white mugs and have them printed with whatever city or country I want. Hahaha! Anyhow he was able to meet up with AD and handed him my mug as his pasalubong for me.



New York City, New York
Francis (see his blog link on my homepage) initially pledged an NY city mug to me. So I told him specifically what to look for -- the old design. The poor boy circled the entire borough of Manhattan (of course I'm exaggerating!) to look for the classic design but luck was tough. AD only stayed for a couple of days in New York and the mug was still yet to be bought. AD then decided to just buy me the NY mug with the new design.


Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
AD is one of my "more~than~a~decade" friends who happened to get a US vacation with his folks. His dad had this seminar thing there and of course he had to stay. After all, they checked in at Ritz! The city mug was AD's pasalubong to me. There were a lot of Starbucks stores near the hotel so he didn't have the chance to forget about me.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Dexter, an officemate and a good friend gave me the Toronto city mug. When he learned that one of his co-trainers, Vinnie was going on vacation, he told her to get me the mugs. Thanks to Vinnie, the Vegas mug is just one of the two city mugs she bought for me.


Nagoya, Japan
On his way to the US, AD got stuck in Nagoya airport. Silly him, he texted me and asked if I already have a mug from Japan only to find out that he already bought one for me without even getting my response. This was were he had a photo opp with Che-che Lazaro. hehehe. Connect?

Baguio, Philippines
It was 1999 when I last visited the summer capital of the Philippines. Just recently, we had to go to Baguio for a business trip. On one breezy night, me and my officemates were headed for some coffee. I approached the cashier and saw the mug! And your guess is just right - I immediately grabbed my wallet and paid for it! Another funny thing though, Jean (who gave me the Cebu mug), texted me and asked if I already have the Baguio mug. I read the sms 5 minutes too late boo-hoo. She wanted to give me the mug as a christmas present.

Hawaii, USA
One of my former reps from Cebu, Khaki was scheduled for a short trip to Hawaii for his stateboard exams of sorts. Of course I asked him to get me a mug from Hawaii.

Cancun, Mexico
This was the second mug from Vinnie.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
It was another friend of mine (Marlon) who pledged the KL and Jakarta city mugs to me since he always goes there practically every month! It had to be Dexter who bought me the KL mug when he had a vacation there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! an entry!

happy new year jeff! cheers to a Fab 2008! :-)

Mina said...

Oh my gawd, a fellow Pinoy City Mugs collector!

Anonymous said...

Hello po, I am a fellow starbucks city mugs collector, I was wondering if you are interested on trading mugs.
I've got all the Middle East City Mugs. Just incase your interested please let me know. My email add is efp3183@hotmail.com.

Diana said...

Hi Fellows Starbucks collectors, this is something you might be interested in!

FredOrange - the Starbucks City Mugs Website is now live!! Check out a database of over 400 different mugs and get in touch with collectors from all over the world!

www.fredorange.com

Kind regards,
Diana

photo mugs said...

nice city mugs.Thanks for sharing.