Tuesday, March 14, 2006

YM Status can be so controversial...

"Not at my desk", "Busy", "Be right back", "Stepped out", "On the phone" and "Available".

These are your DEFAULT (and generic... and boring...) yahoo messenger status selection. I don't think I'm in any way referring to any of these as 'controversial'. I'll further stress my point by starting with a brief background.

I only started to use yahoo messenger way back 2003 when almost everyone in the office had it. At first I was enjoying chatting with people who are just a few arms length away -- yes i know looking back, it was so silly! Eventually, ym became an inevitable communiation tool at work. There are things at work that you need not necessarily email someone about. Of course if it's email you have to be as professional as possible even when discussing things with a co-worker who happens to be a friend too. Calling someone is not always a guarantee that you can talk to that person and it doesn't give you the excuse to have delayed responses! hahaha. Basta!

One thing I've noticed, my ym contact list are mostly people from the office. I'll only add you up if there is an 'official thing' that I have to communicate with you. And for those people who know me, I rarely respond right away if the messeges are personal. Sorry guys... but those are last priority. :-) An interesting part of ym'ing is checking the status of the people on your list.

You'll see status written on different languages. Some would show mood or emotions. Others would put messages intended for certain people. Yung iba nga, mga parinigan pa ang nakalagay sa status! Parts of songs and poems would always top the charts! As for me, I usually get mine from the movies I watch or from the books that I read. These are things that strongly agree with... or sometimes, opinions and situations that I can totally and ridiculously relate to!!!

Here are some of those I've used in the recent past (see comments and controversy rating (via *****) as well):


1) Horizon is an imaginary line that receeds as you approach it...
*I wouldn't be fooled again.... hahaha!!!

2) Every problem is an opportunity in disguise...
*Trying to convince others (or myself even) that problems can indeed be viewed in a different manner... in a way that would make you feel a little better (hopefully).

3) The hardest thing is loving someone and having the courage to make them love you back...
****What's further irritating is the fact that sometimes you simply don't (and can't) choose the person you are going to love. In the ideal world, why would someone expect to be loved in return eh sya naman ang nakaramdam ng pagmamahal towards another person. I mean the feeling to begin with it totally 'independent' of what the other person might feel, di ba?! Basta ganun!

4) Do not shake the hand that will stab you...
***Just be careful in trusting the people you work and deal with.

5) You are a walking contradiction ... and I find it rather quite fascinating...
*****It's funny how some people 'walk' the total opposite of whatever they are saying. If someone tells you that he/she doesn't feel anything special (or romantic) towards you and yet would do extremely sweet things to you... aba ewan ko na lang. Pero guess what, minsan nakakaaliw din itong mga taong ganito! They add up some spice and mystery in figuring out where to position one's self.

6) ...'Cause just around the corner's not enough...
**Yes! I can be so demanding especially to those people I love and truly care about. Call it KSP or anything but the likes of me needs more assurance on almost anything. I guess subconsciously I'm expecting that I'd be treated the way I treat others who are dear to me.

7) I just came to the point where I couldn't remember any of the reasons why we are together...
*****Ayokong dumating sa point na sasabihin ko ito first-hand! I mean parang naglolokohan lang kayo neto eh, you're with someone tapos di mo alam kung baket. Eh good luck naman kung san kayo dadalhin ng relasyon ninyo! I always get ym inquiries each time this becomes my status... hahaha!

8) True love is your soul's recognition of its counterpoint in another...
***Masyadong high-level na 'to! Baka dumugo ilong ko... next item please!

9) In order to follow that heart, I must do the wrong thing...
****It's really difficult that sometimes, when we're inlove, we tend to do 'wrong' things (at least in other people's perspective) just so we feel satisfied... happy... fulfilled... inspired. But doesn't this make everything null and void? Wouldn't there be some feeling of guilt?

10) I have the worse thing to fear than what's in the jungle...
**And so I thought sometimes that my jungle (the workplace) is full of wild beasts... I came to a point when I realized that there are bigger fears that I should worry about... most of them unseen...

11) Sometimes you have to see what you are not in order to see what you are...
*This is so true... especially at times when you feel like you are worthless, ineffective, inefficient, unproductive, etc... it's looking at the glass as half-full not half-empty.

12) Just because you don't see it, it doesn't mean it's not there...
***How can you believe in something that you don't see... like love? At least you have your inner senses to feel it, right?! Just be careful, you might be assuming things wrong... oooopppsss... that could hurt a lot!

13) You are all that keeps me from slidin' into some dark place...
*****It gives me some sort of (immediate) relief to know that there could be someone or something that I can hold on to for me not to backslide... not to give up... BOX-OFFICE status ito! Daig pa ang Enteng Kabisote!

14) I wish it was simpler... I wish it was easier... and I'm sorry...
*****Nang sinabi kong di na kita mamahalin, akala ko'y mapaninindigan ko... sana nga ganun lang ito ka-simple at ka-dali... pero hindi... Pasensya na ha...

15) If some lives form a perfect circle... others take shape in ways we cannot predict or always understand...
**trying to form my life in the most spontaneous way possible. There's some form of excitement of the unknown. (I'm sure may mag re react dito pag nabasa nya... )

16) The abilities say 'win' but the attitude says 'lose'...
*Sayang lang mga taong ma-abilidad, matalino, may talent... kaso mo kapag buraot (pardon me) ang ugali, wala ring kwenta. Or moreover kung sobrang daling mag give-up, nakakapanghinayang lang...

17) (pandesal+ketchup+orangejuice) + (kanin+gatas+asukal) = ?
***Yan ang kay Aga at Kristine sa All My Life... My version: (Kaning lamig + Ovaltine powder) = Brings back the child in me...

18) Just tell me when to stop and I will... but don't ask me how or where it all began...
*****I'd rather stop loving you if you want me to but I cannot possibly put into words or reason why or how everything began... No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to figure things out. I guess that's just the beauty of falling in love, it just happens without planning or expecting things...

19) He starts with the answers he wants and devices the questions to get them
**Bad trip kaya mga taong ganito... pero sometimes ganito rin ako hahaha!

20) It is in changing that we find purpose...
*Bitaw!

21) Life is manageable enough if you keep your hopes modest. The minute you allow yourself sweet dreams, you run the risk of crashing them down...
***Some form or reality-check huh?! On the otherhand, I think I'd still go for dreaming the bigger dreams... taking the big leap... taking big risks... If i do and find success in it, yahoo! The bigger the gains, right... Yun nga lang pag lumagpak ka, ARAY!!! But it's all a matter of how you survive and how resilient you are. Just move on and learn from it.

22) This is not a game but you keep playing it...
****Imagine how difficult your situation might be if you are trying to figure out who's going to tell who first in the game of love! Yes! Sa isang taong mataas ang pride at takot sa rejection, napaka hirap nito. Even if you try doing the first move, you won't simply just lay down all your cards until you get some form of assurance. But what if the other person is exactly on the same page?!?! Then there's a big problem! You'll end up doing the waiting and guessing game who's going to raise the white flag first!

23) The easiest way isn't always the best...
*Pwede kayang "doing it the easiest way yet coming up with the best..."? Hehehe try ko lang... baka makalusot!

24) Sometimes it's the people outside your world we confide in the best. But once you do... confide, share with someone, they're no longer really outside...
**Oo naman, wala na talaga sila sa labas! But seriously the nice thing kasi when confiding to people you don't really know is that you start everything with no judgment -- blank slate. The challenge is finding someone you don't know well that you can trust!

25) Why do things that start off so promisingly always have a way of ending up in the dump?
****Oo nga.. bakit nga ba? Someone help me understand... :( Sobrang believer pa naman ako ng happy endings...

26) A clean break is easier. You can reset it... and it heals, and you move on. But if you leave things messy or things dont get put right, then it just hurts... Forever....
*****Ouch!!!! to the nth power! That is why having proper closure is very important in any kind of relationship (that you are about to end of course). I know that this is so idealistic but it will eventually benefit both parties.


========================================================

I guess that says it all for now...

3 comments:

Mean Jean said...

My friend, napaka controversial nga. Wala ako masabi :P

pee said...

Ummm, err...obviously eh in love? Hahaha!

Hindi bale, I can relate, like...totally!

At...ay sa text na lang pala. Mahirap palang chumika dito. Ahihihi!

Anonymous said...

alam ko na kung saan mo kinuha ans number 7- sa Notting hill, sabi ni julia. tas yung sa 26- sa black book sabi nung exgf ni berger(hehehe ung guy din un si berger sa sex in the city) kay brittany murphy. galing ko...yung iba hahanapin ko pa...hirap