Thursday, August 21, 2008

Spell L-A-X !!!

In LA, most people would say "Oh, that place is just near! It's only a 10-minute drive." Guess what, those 10-minute travels felt like hopping from Alabang to QC!!! But hey, thanks to the freeways for making things a little convenient. Yes, I know that traffic in LA can get really bad but nothing compares to Manila road jams! Ugh!

Arriving in LAX on a Wednesday afternoon, I was trying to hide both my excitement and fear (that I might get lost or something). Thank God I googled some "how-to's" like getting to my first destination (Brea, CA) via the Super Shuttle service van. After 45 minutes and $40, along with other passengers who the driver dropped off at different locations, I got to my hotel -- The Embassy Suites Brea. It was just beside JC Penny and Macy's. I figured, I could use my idle time "malling" instead. To my dismay, I had to pinch myself and get reminded that I was still on a business trip at least until Friday lunch time.

The fun begins here...

OUTLET Stores (Citadel, Los Angeles)

I did some nice shopping with Teta (my editor in the college school paper). Boy, you really could get a lot of good stuff at very reasonable prices! Only problem was... most stores didn't have my size! I got a couple of shirts from the teens section would you believe?

Universal Studios
This was definitely on top of my list! Geez, you need like two days to go through what Universal City has to offer. The Simpson's ride was the most recent addition this year and it was really fun. Kids stuff? Yeah... but for grown-ups too! Thanks to college friend Polee for showing me around.



This is the closest I could get to the Scavo house in Wisteria Lane!!!! Woohoo!!!

West Hollywood

... need I say more?



Hollywood Hills

No comments: