Thursday, August 21, 2008

My most wanted: STARBUCKS City Mugs (Part 3)

After a long time, I'm back to blogging! And here's a bonus treat especially to my fellow Starbucks city mug collectors -- here are the newest mugs in my collection. Enjoy!


===================================================

Shanghai, China
I was surprised when Hannah (colleague at work) learned about my collection and she initially asked me if I wanted to have a mug from Spain since she was visiting. You’d never guess what was my answer… She was going to Barcelona for a visit to her family as far as I can remember. She was not able to find one out there but luckily, in one of the trips of her partner, they were able to manage getting me a city mug from Shanghai! Up until now, I always update Hannah with my collection. She’s always thrilled to hear what new mugs I got.


Jakarta, Indonesia
There’s not much story here… just kidding! But come to think of it, yeah. This is in fact the second mug that Les (i.e. Singapore mug) gave me. By this time, it was just before he decided to move back to Manila for good. He was just on a summer vacation – we went to Boracay, when he got me the mug from Jakarta. I’m still hoping that Starbucks would open in Vietnam anytime soon! I just happen to have so many friends frequenting the country for cryin’ out loud!!!

Tagaytay, Philippines
Being true to form, Claire (who was very instrumental in my Amsterdam mug), texted me when she and her husband were in Tagaytay. I remember planning to drop by Starbucks Tagaytay the last time I was there since I heard some gossips that there’s a mug for the city too. Obviously I didn’t believe it that time… Thanks to Claire and her husband for squeezing a quick purchase of the mug on a husband-wifey date!


Macau, China
If there’s an award for the most number of city mugs contributions amongst all my friends, it will surely go to Tina! In one of her Asian trips, getting me my mug has always been a part of her itinerary! Thanks to Wlad too for tagging her along his trips. I’m also waiting for some European trips you know. I could use some addition to my mugs from there! Hint! Hint!

London, Great Britain
This one’s from Tina too! Wlad got this initially for her I think I couple of years ago. I’ve been making ligaw for this mug to be given to me as a gift but Tina won’t just budge until finally, at the eve of my birthday, he came to my station with the mug on her hand. It was a nice birthday present!


Australia
Marl who initially promised to get me the Jakarta and KL mugs, finally fulfilled his promise. It was a super hectic work schedule in India prior to going to Sydney when Marl got me the mug. He was actually able to save up on his birthday gift for me coz he got back to Manila a few days after my bday! Smart-ass! ;-)


Germany
CJ, my former boss had always known about my collection. The moment he learned about it, he sort of committed to put in his “contributions”. He was meeting up with his family in India during his almost-one-month vacation middle of this year. His brother was coming from Munich and I think he really pushed for the mug. Too bad, the mug wasn’t available yet in Starbucks India.


Sacramento, California
Karen (a colleague from work) and I were at the same work area for a time when I transferred to our office’s main building. I overheard her talking to some friends about her sister coming to the Philippines from California. Of course I didn’t hesitate asking her where she was coming from. The instant I heard Sacramento, I asked her if she could ask her sister to buy a mug for me. Being the sweet and kind Karen like what she has always been (since she was handling my teams as my QA analyst), she said yes. One more thing, she is in Florida right now and boy she is definitely going to look for a mug for me. Her location might not guarantee the merchandise but for sure she would try looking.

No comments: