Monday, August 20, 2007

A Stormy Weekend... Not!

My friends and I tried to spend our weekend "as usual" despite the storm which as of Saturday early morning has destroyed some 70,000 homes in Taiwan. Ergo, the rain was not as bad as the earlier part of the week.

***********

It was the week of the 2007 Moonrise Film Festival at the Robinson's Galeria Cinema. Rona's boyfriend was the editor in one of the docu-entries for the fest. It was a no-Oscars or FAMAS kinda thing though. I guess maybe because the theme was about the environment. It just feels awful to see lack of support from our people and the government likewise for activities with such cause.
***********

Finally I had the chance to see one of the most talked-about Pinoy movies of the year -- A Love Story. Generally the plot is nothing new but I think the writers did a good job on the screenplay. For those who've seen the movie can definitely relate, I bet! With quite a heavy heart Aya and I left the theater talking about how 'affected' we were. Hahaha! But seriously, I think nobody would want to be in either Joanna's or Carrine's place.
***********


We saw this nice little resto at the 2nd floor of Gale. Oooopppsss, I take it back! I meant cute! Yeah, for real! This cute restaurant called Chaikofi has this New York diner type of interior and lay-out. I think it's just about 100 sqm in size yet they were able to maximize the space even the edges that hold some "table-for-two" spots. Your usual pasta and chicken dishes were there -- the ones quick and easy to prepare. Their selection of green and black tea is definitely a must try! I had the Ripe Mango Green Tea and Aya had the Four Seasons Black Tea. Both were superb! We'd love to go back there. I learned that they have stores in Rob Place Manila, Mall of Asia and SM North.

http://www.chaikofi.com/

***********

It was about past midnight when I went for a night-out with a good friend of mine. We met a few interesting people through a new friend we met a couple of weeks ago. I only had 3 glasses of vodka tonic/seven since I thought I might end up being the driver again because of 'you-know-what' events and surprises. And guess what, I did another self-fulfilling prophecy yet again. I just decided to have a good meal at North Park together with Roly, Engel and George. We had a nice time talking about your usual stuff on love and relationship, while having this Chinese Food Feast! Went home a little past 5 in the AM.

***********
I felt so tired I fell asleep on the sofa with my jeans on! It felt silly that I got up after about 5 hours of sleep and not able to snooze again, darn! That Sunday became a TV day for me instead. I decided to just have lunch and told myself will get a good dinner later on. I fell asleep too early -- 6PM and woke up after 13 hours! Hahaha!

***********
Didn't get the chance to get back my car today since it's a non-working holiday for most people. Too bad I can't get it tomorrow since my plate is on color coding! I promise to really take good care of Oscar... :-)

***********
My Friendster horoscope for today reads:

Your best friend might be the most wonderful person on earth, but they aren't the person you should always be counting on in your life. They are there for moral support, but they can't fix everything that you think is broken right now. The stars say that you should spend time today building up your relationship with yourself -- because in the end, you always have to be able to rely on yourself. The great news is that self-nurturing is a very fun thing to do!

I say:

You should not always count on your best friend even if they always count on you. I mean after all, they counting on you clearly indicates some form of independence from your end. So what are the chances that you can't handle your own mess?
And yes, they can't fix everything that you think is broken... so much so if the brokenness is because of that person.

***********

2 comments:

Odie said...

Hi Jeff dear!

Just a slight correction, my blog URL is owdster.livejournal.com

Btw, glad you liked A Love Story, my friend Vanessa Valdes wrote it :P

Cheerio!

jeffie said...

hi odie! thanks for the visit. tell your friend i really liked it...